Location in Google Maps

The earliest reference to a church building here is in 1221 when it was a sanctuary church. About 1320 the church was rebuilt and enlarged, and a tower with a spire added in 1480. During the next 150 years the whole church fell into disrepair but it was extensively restored in 1867 when the clerestory was added and the chancel rebuilt and extended. In the 20th century the Victorian fittings were removed to make the church more suited to modern liturgy.

More information on the church's history can be found on the benefice website

Parish Church of St James the Great
Dursley