ID No.95, (31 December 1896 - 1 February 1957)
|Father*||John Martin1,2,3 b. 5 Oct 1870, d. 6 Nov 1940|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Swanson McNicoll1,2,3 b. 21 May 1871, d. 24 Sep 1955|
|Relationship||Grandfather of Patricia Elizabeth Chalmers|
|Ancestor Chart for Pat|
Descendent Chart for Peter Martin
Descendent Chart for James McNicoll
Descendent Chart for David Todd
Descendent Chart for John Kerr
|Birth*||31 Dec 1896||John Martin was born in Rattray, Perthshire, Scotland.1,2,3,4|
|31 Dec 1896||John Martin, Elizabeth Swanson McNicoll and John Martin lived at Rattray, Perthshire, Scotland.1|
|Birth Reg||15 Jan 1897||His birth was registered in Rattray by his father, John Martin.1|
|Baptism||21 Feb 1897||John Martin was baptised in Rattray Free Church, Rattray, Perthshire, Scotland.5|
|Residence*||10 Sep 1920||He lived at 92 High Street, Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland.2|
|Occupation*||10 Sep 1920||He was a shoemaker.2|
|Marriage*||10 Sep 1920||He married Johanna Kerr Todd, daughter of James Todd and Maggie Kerr, in 94 Links Street, Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland.2,6,7,8,3,9,10,11,4|
|Residence||7 Nov 1920||John Martin, Johanna Kerr Todd and Margaret Kerr Martin lived at 2 Methilhill, Wemyss, Fife, Scotland.6|
| Birth Reg|
|20 Nov 1920||He registered the birth of his daughter, Margaret Kerr, in Buckhaven.6|
|25 Mar 1924||John Martin was present at the birth of Elizabeth McNicoll Martin in 99 High Street, Dysart, Fife, Scotland.7,8,11|
|Occupation||25 Mar 1924||John Martin was a floorcloth worker.7|
|Residence*||25 Mar 1924||John Martin, Johanna Kerr Todd and Elizabeth McNicoll Martin lived at 99 High Street, Dysart, Fife, Scotland.7|
| Birth Reg|
|8 Apr 1924||He registered the birth of his daughter, Elizabeth McNicoll, in Dysart.7|
|12 Jul 1941||John Martin attended the marriage of Charles Stewart Chalmers Martin and Barbara Fraser Leith in Reid Memorial Church, West Saville Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland.12,13,14|
|Residence||12 Jul 1941||John Martin lived at 21 Mill Street, Kinross, Fife, Scotland.12|
|Anecdote*||Co-founders of Dysart Scout Troop.15|
|Occupation||c 1954||He was a caretaker Adam Smith Halls, Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland.15|
|Occupation||20 Feb 1954||He was a probation officer.8,11|
|Death*||1 Feb 1957||He died at Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, Scotland, aged 60. He was survived by his wife, Johanna.3,4|
|Death Reg||2 Feb 1957||His death was registered by his daughter, Elizabeth McNicoll Chalmers, in Edinburgh.3|
|Burial*||5 Feb 1957||John Martin was buried in Sect.C, Plot 330, Hayfield Cemetery, Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland.16|
|Memorial||A gravestone to the memory of John Martin is located Sect.C, Plot 330, Hayfield Cemetery, Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland.4|
|Johanna Kerr Todd (25 Jan 1894 - 28 Feb 1981)|
|Last Edited||11 Jan 2017|
- [S1] Birth Cert: 1897: Rattray (389),2.
- [S11] Marr Cert: 1920: Kirkcaldy (442),271.
- [S21] Death Cert: 1957: George Sq. (685/5),199.
- [S76] Memorial Stone: Kirkcaldy, Hayfield Cemetery, Sect.C, Row 5R, No.1.
- [S66] Other Document : Annotation by minister on original Birth certificate showing baptism.
- [S1] Birth Cert: 1920: Buckhaven (459/2),582.
- [S1] Birth Cert: 1924: Dysart (426),33.
- [S11] Marr Cert: 1954: Kirkcaldy (421),41.
- [S21] Death Cert: 1981: Kirkcaldy (421),135.
- [S21] Death Cert: 2009: Kirkcaldy (421),487.
- [S21] Death Cert: 2012: Kirkcaldy (421),764.
- [S11] Marr Cert: 1941: Newington (685/6),236.
- [S21] Death Cert: 1989: Pitlochry (383),45.
- [S21] Death Cert: 2001: Glenrothes (420),101.
- [S99] Verbal.
- [S62] Local Record: Crematorium Office, Kirkcaldy.