ID No.1020, (9 December 1852 - 1929)
|Father*||Edward Burrell1,2 b. 13 Jun 1816, d. 6 Aug 1886|
|Mother*||Ann S Markland3,4 b. 4 Jul 1816, d. 15 May 1893|
|Relationship||Great-granduncle of Tony Collins|
|Descendent Chart for William Burrill|
|Birth*||9 Dec 1852||Joseph Burrell was born in Gidlow Lane, Wigan, Lancashire, England.1,2,5|
| Census 1861|
|7 Apr 1861||The 1861 UK Census enumerated Joseph Burrell as being son of Edward Burrell, Head of the household at 29 Rupert Street, Habergham Eaves, Burnley, Lancashire, England.1|
|Occupation*||7 Apr 1861||Joseph Burrell was a scholar.1|
|12 Nov 1870||He officially Witnessed the marriage of Thomas Burrell and Rosannah Thornber in St James' Parish Church, Burnley, Lancashire, England.6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13|
| Census 1871|
|2 Apr 1871||The 1871 UK Census enumerated Joseph Burrell as being son of Edward Burrell, Head of the household at 39 Milton Street, Burnley, Lancashire, England.2|
|Occupation||2 Apr 1871||Joseph Burrell was a stripper and grinder.2|
|Marriage*||18 Apr 1874||He married Mary Birchall in St Paul's Parish Church, Burnley, Lancashire, England.4,5|
|Occupation||3 Apr 1881||Joseph Burrell was a cotton overlooker.5|
|Census 1881*||3 Apr 1881||The 1881 UK Census enumerated Joseph Burrell as Head of household.5|
|Census 1891*||5 Apr 1891||The 1891 UK Census enumerated Joseph Burrell as residing along with Mary Birchall, Edward Burrell and Joseph Burrell at 43 Brown Street, Burnley, Lancashire, England.4|
|Census 1901*||31 Mar 1901||The 1901 UK Census enumerated Joseph Burrell as residing along with Mary Birchall at 5 Warwick Street, Burnley, Lancashire, England.4|
|Occupation||Joseph Burrell owned a Fish&Chip shop in Burnley. As an old man, he gave the premises and the business to Edith Winnard in exchange for her making a home for him with them in his old age. He and Alice Burrell lived in the house, along with Edith and her husband; and Edith ran the shop..14|
|Death*||1929||He died at Burnley, Lancashire, England. His death was as a result of injuries received from a fire at the chip shop.4,14|
|Mary Birchall (c 1851 - )|
|Last Edited||30 Mar 2013|
- [S41] FreeCen : C: 1861: RG9,3069,93,21 sch:81.
- [S41] FreeCen : C: 1871: RG10,4147,35,5, sch:23.
- [S88] Ext. Research : Miss B Spieth (136).
- [S89] Ext. Research : Mrs J Jackson (1812).
- [S41] FreeCen : C: 1881: RG11,4148,31,56, sch:276.
- [S21] PRO Cert : M: 1870/4: Burnley,8e,277,466.
- [S41] FreeCen : C: 1871: RG10,4146,173,24 sch:126.
- [S41] FreeCen : C: 1881: RG11,4151,133,39 sch:201.
- [S21] PRO Cert : B: 1889/2: Burnley 8e,314,295.
- [S41] FreeCen : C: 1891: RG12,3380,100,2 sch:6.
- [S41] FreeCen : C: 1901: RG13,3885,111,24 sch:143.
- [S41] FreeCen : C: 1911: RG14,24918,472/5,6 sch:196.
- [S21] PRO Cert : D: 1913/2: Burnley 8e,335,489.
- [S99] Verbal : Mrs C Harvey.