ID No.44, (21 February 1895 - 23 September 1981)
|Father*||Alfred Collins1,2,3 b. 25 Apr 1865, d. 15 May 1938|
|Mother*||Elizabeth White Mitchell1 b. c 1869, d. 20 Mar 1897|
|Relationship||Grandfather of Tony Collins|
|Ancestor Chart for Tony|
Descendent Chart for Richard Collins
Descendent Chart for George Mitchell
Descendent Chart for Cuthbert Fare
|Birth*||21 Feb 1895||Alfred Collins was born in No 6, Chiswell, Portland, Dorset, England.1,4,2,5|
| Census 1901|
|31 Mar 1901||The 1901 UK Census enumerated Alfred Collins as being grandson of George Thomas Page Mitchell, Head of the household at No 9, Chesil, Portland, Dorset, England.4|
|Occupation||2 Apr 1911||Alfred Collins was an office-boy in dockyard.6|
| Census 1911|
|2 Apr 1911||The 1911 UK Census enumerated Alfred Collins as being grandson of George Thomas Page Mitchell, Head of the household at 9 Beach Cottage, Chiswell, Portland, Dorset, England.6|
|Occupation||11 Apr 1917||Alfred Collins was a Lance Corporal with the Dorset Regiment.2|
|Residence*||11 Apr 1917||He lived at Devizes Road, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England.2|
|Marriage*||11 Apr 1917||He married Bertha Latham, daughter of John Latham and Alice Ann Fare, in Parish Church, Prendergast, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, England. The marriage was solemnised by Rev Gwelyue Smith.2,7,8,9|
|Occupation||4 May 1922||Alfred Collins was a dockyard clerk.7|
|Residence*||4 May 1922||Alfred Collins, Bertha Latham and John Alfred Collins lived at 26 Castletown, Portland, Dorset, England.7|
|Residence||16 May 1938||Alfred Collins lived at 295 Barnsole Road, Gillingham, Kent, England.3|
|Occupation||WW2||He was a stores Quartermaster with MOD Navy.|
He is believed to have reached the rank of Lt/Cdr, with postings to Liverpool, then Warrington (1940).10
|Residence||WW2||He lived at 295 Barnsole Road, Gillingham, Kent, England.11|
|Occupation||WW2||He was appointed Leader of a local Fire Party.11|
|Occupation*||24 Aug 1946||He was a civil servant.12|
|24 Aug 1946||He attended the marriage of John Alfred Collins and Ida Burrell in St John the Baptist Church, Colwyn, Denbigh, Wales.12,13,14,15,9|
|9 Jan 1974||Alfred Collins became a widower on the death of his wife Bertha.8|
|Death*||23 Sep 1981||Alfred Collins died at "Earlsmead", St Clare Road, Walmer, Deal, Kent, England, aged 86.5|
|Bertha Latham (9 Jul 1892 - 9 Jan 1974)|
|Last Edited||11 May 2016|
- [S2] Birth Cert: 1895/1: Weymouth 5a,328,70.
- [S12] Marr Cert: 1917/2: Haverfordwest 11a,2101,434.
- [S22] Death Cert: 1938/2: Plymouth 5b,305,128.
- [S52] Census Eng: 1901: RG13,1996,76,4 sch:23.
- [S22] Death Cert: 1981/3: Dover 16,981,47.
- [S52] Census Eng: 1911: RG14,12367,263/3,4 sch:108.
- [S2] Birth Cert: 1922/2: Weymouth 5a,499,289.
- [S22] Death Cert: 1974/1: Chatham 5f,452,171.
- [S21] Death Cert: 2006: Kirkcaldy (421),60.
- [S99] Verbal.
- [S66] Other Document : ID Card.
- [S12] Marr Cert: 1946/3: Aled 8a,789,70.
- [S2] Birth Cert: 1955/2: Chatham 5b,479,155.
- [S11] Marr Cert: 1977: Kirkcaldy (421),215.
- [S21] Death Cert: 1995: Kirkcaldy (421),756.
- [S85] Ext. Research: Mrs MJ Pike (207).